Sam Mulholland was a guest speaker at the Conferenz Disruptive Event Management & Business Continuity Planning Conference held in Wellington on the 28th and 29th August 2013.
The two topics presented by Sam were Examining the Cost of Disruption to Build a Business Case and People and Capabilities: Planning for the Human Factor. Both presentations were extremely well received by the conference attendees.
Other interesting topics presented by speakers included:
- Strategic Planning for disruptive events
- Building resilience: Adding value to your business
- Mitigating risk for supplier disruptions
- ISO 22301 in action: Opportunities, Plans and Actions
- Testing your business continuity plans
- Case Study: Protecting the vital data and computer systems at Victoria University
- Case Study: Putting your plans into context
- Case Study: Money, Money, Money (Keeping it Flowing)
- Case Study: Managing critical service failures
- Communication Boot Camp: Improving communications during a crisis and beyond.
The conference was extremely interesting and re-iterated why it is so important to have a good level of business resilience in place.