The Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRI International www.drii.org) organised a special Business Continuity Management (BCM) forum on the 9th of May 2013 in Abu Dhabi for DRI International members and industry practitioners in UAE.
Mr Mohammad Ahmad Al Jenaibi, Director Safety & Prevention of NCEMA, spoke on the Introduction of the UAE BCM Standard to the Industries. As Standby strives to remain abreast of industry standards, this forum gave us an update on the expected implementation of the UAE BCM Standard AE-HSC-7000 (2012).
Expert speakers included:
- Mr Al Berman, MBCP, the President of DRI International
- Mr Mohammad Ahmad Al Jenaibi, Dir. Safety & Prevention of NCEMA
- Mr Khalid al Mequemi, Director of EHS (and BCM) at Abu Dhabi Department of Transport
- Mr Abdulrahman Yousuf Al Naser, Senior Specialist of Telecom Emergency & Audit (TRA)
- Mr Guy Peterson, CBCP, Senior Associate of Booz Allen Hamilton
Standby would like to extend its thanks to Carol Chia at DRii for the invitation to join this forum and appreciates the opportunity to be involved in the regions knowledge sharing platform on BCM, Disaster Recovery Planning, Crisis and Emergency Management and Crisis Emergency Management. Thank you to expert panel of speakers for sharing their information.
Posted by Monique Rennhard, CBCP.